Anglian Water Building Over Agreement

Sometimes problems arise when owners try to sell their property, which is built in part or entirely through a public channel. Conservatories and extensions are the usual criminals. If a Build Over Agreement was not obtained when the work was done, then the water company has the legal right to enter the land to reach the canal, even if that means demolishing the building above the canal. However, if possible, the water company will avoid the damage and look for other ways to enter the sewers, but the risk remains. If a construction agreement has been reached, the water company has no right to remove or demolish the structure above the sewers. Before making a request for a surcharge or proximity to a canal: If no construction contract has been entered into, then the seller should investigate the sewers by CCTV and forward the recordings to the water company. If the water company is satisfied that the sewers are in good condition, they will give a consolation letter confirming that the sewers are in satisfactory condition. The comfort letter generally satisfies the buyer and its mortgage lender that the Water Company will not take any action to demolish the insulting structure over the public sewers. You must create a Build-Over/Near app through our InFlow online portal if you don`t meet our standard criteria. We cannot grant authorization until a consultation agreement and an Anglian Water agreement have been reached.

We advise you on request if a canal is close to your property. In some situations, specific basic agreements must be reached to protect sewers and sewers, as well as the building or extension itself, from the effects of colonization. NB: If sewers are pumped, construction above or near an agreement will not be permitted and a section 185 “diversion of a public sewer” will be requested. Look for digdat to find our public pipes and water pipes. A construction agreement allows the water company to ensure that the work to be carried out will not adversely affect the underlying sewers and ensures that the water company continues to have sufficient access to the canal for repair and maintenance. If you plan to build nearby or via a public sewer, you should contact the water company before carrying out the work to determine its needs. Under no circumstances will we allow construction by a canal or lateral flow, where: Any extension displayed above or near a sewer or sewer on the official sewer map must meet the requirements of the H4 requirement of the schedule 1 of the building code. You can find out if a channel channel channel affected by your project is on the official channel map by asking the Commission.

In such cases, we should consult with the wastewater treatment company, which can set conditions before you can do the work. The other possibility is that the seller will provide the buyer with compensation insurance to protect against financial losses resulting from the construction of the property through a public sewer. It is the fastest and cheapest option, but whether or not insurance is available depends on the circumstances of each case.